13 June 2009

"I want to TAKE Your PICTURE"......

is the heading of @ikonikphoto's about page and i'll be damned if it didn't make me want to dial his number. for a session of course because looking through his work made me feel like i was right on set with him. he finished it by saying

That's how most photographers started approaching subjects. I was no different. Something was missing though. My early results didn't have passion. Taking a picture simply wasn't enough.

I soon realized, that the act of opening and closing a shutter, by itself, didn't create an image. that just takes a picture. There are millions of picture-takers. I aspire -- and strive -- to be more. I am an Image-Maker. And that's how I approach new clients. I Want to Create Your Image.

I'm not interested in run-of-the-mill results, shots that leave the viewer indifferent, with no opinion. My goal is to create images that provoke, and inspire strong feeling.

i want to titilate, arouse, captivate, and engage the viewer. I want to expose, bare, and unmask the essence of the subject. it's all part of creating an icon. As i am fond of saying, I want my subjects to be at once loved, envied, hated, and wanted.

Mainstream photographers like The Late Horst P. Horst, Patrick DeMarchellier, SØlve SundsbØ and Annie Liebowitz inspire me, As do edgy imagemakers like the late Bob Carlos Clarke, Didier CarrÉ, and Petter HegrÉ.



didnt that make you feel like he WANTED you in his photo? cause it sure made me feel that way. theres nothing better than finding a photographer who makes you comfortable with yourself as well as [s]he so, while im aware that you really only want to see photos, i will now stop wasting your time lmao












during different times of the year he also has package deals and discounts so check him out!!
or by phone: 646-235-2057 or twitter @ikonikphoto
cause i am =)
until next time
live ,love, laugh, and be happy -ibaO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home